Can you help design a piece of history?
With the NatWest International Island Games returning to Guernsey in July 2021, the Organising Committee would like to offer Bailiwick residents the opportunity to design the medals for the Guernsey Games.
Athletes from 24 different Islands will be coming to the Island to participate in 14 sports. Although the NatWest International Island Games are known as the friendly games, the medals are still vitally important to those participants who win one and will be a lifelong reminder of their achievement.
As well as the honour of seeing their design used for all of the medals during the Games, the overall winner will also receive their own commemorative set of medals and will be given the opportunity to present the winners’ medals at one of the events during the week. All of the shortlisted finalists will receive VIP tickets to the opening ceremony of the Games.
The judging panel will shortlist three designs. A public vote will then be held to select the overall winning design.
What you need to do to enter
Please return your designs by 31st May 2019 to email@example.com or by post to: Guernsey 2021 NatWest International Island Games, Medal Design Competition, La Villiaze, St. Andrew’s, Guernsey, GY6 8YP.
• The Medal must be able to hang on a ribbon around the neck. The 2cm wide ribbon will be supplied separately so you do not need to design this, but you will need to allow for this in your design. If your design requires a specific ribbon (e.g. different colours for different medals) please detail this in your notes.
• The medals must represent gold, silver and bronze positions, but we would welcome any creative ways to represent this – the medals do not necessarily have to be made from metal.
• Please do not be restrained by the traditional shape of a circular medal; this is your chance to get creative.
• The height of the medal should not exceed 7cm and the width should not exceed 7cm.
• All entries must include the wording “Guernsey 2021 NatWest International Island Games XIX” and the logo of the International Island Games Association on either the front or back of the medal (see a link to the logo at the bottom of this page).
• The shortlisted designs will need to be approved by the International Island Games Association (IIGA) Committee and NatWest International. They will both have final approval on the overall winner.
• There is a budget for the production of the medals. We will consult with technical advisors regarding the production of the shortlisted designs, and will notify the finalists of any necessary changes that may need to be made to their design due to manufacturing constraints. Remember – a simple design often works best.
Submitting your entry
Please click here to download a pdf of the entry form. Alternatively, please send a pdf of your design to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the following info:
Name / Contact email address and telephone number (parent or guardian’s contact details to be used if under 18) / Age (if under 18)
NOTE: You must be a resident of the Bailiwick of Guernsey at the time of entry. Entry details will be used for the medal design competition only and will not be stored or used for any other purpose.
Competition Timetable subject to change if necessary
End May Closing date for entries
End June Judging panel decides on top three designs (after consultation with technical advisors)
July Designs presented to IIGA and NatWest International
August Public voting opens until the end of September
October Final design submitted to IIGA and NatWest International for approval and Winner Announced
If you have any queries regarding the competition, please email email@example.com